Monday, September 12, 2011

Did you know you can embellish a mirror?

A while back I saw the idea to hang a wreath over/on your mirror.

This blog has a few more GREAT samples: http://beautyandbedlam.com/accessorizing-a-mirror/

I love fall and for 3 years have had all the fixings to make a fall wreath - everything except a grapevine wreath to stick everything in.  Last weekend I decided to get one. . .it was 5 bucks at "M"s!  I don't know why I waited so long.  (This is typical of me though. I guess I like to deliberate - or maybe it's that pesky perfectionism manifesting itself.)

ANYHOW - I finally did it AND I even figured out how to get it to hang the way I wanted - let's just say it's good thing I didn't take 3 more years thinking about how to hang it.

Here it is:



So I know you're wondering how I hung it, right?  


I used a SUPER HOOK - I found some at the dollar store, (I'm sure they have them at W-mart, too) which is great because I tend to be QUITE frugal.
You don't even need a hammer to get 'em into the wall.  Super cool, huh?

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Traci! And I love that it hangs about the piano! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's Abby from My Yellow Sandbox! I just wanted to let you know that you wont the Whistle While You Work Giveaway! I haven't posted it on my blog yet, but if you want to email me at myyellowsandbox@gmail.com I'll get you your birthday pack!

    ReplyDelete